Sunday, March 6, 2016

Puppet Show on Prodigal Son Theme


Gospel Puppet Show
March 10, 2013


Characters:
Roary the Lion
Roary, Jr.


Roary: Boys and girls, I want to introduce you to one of my favorite lions.  It is of course, my son, Roary, Junior.  I just call him Junior.
Can you give Junior a nice welcome.  Thank you for that welcome and because of that welcome, I won’t eat you for lunch,  ha, ha, just kidding.

(Junior appears)

Roary:  Junior can you say hi to all of these children.

Junior:  Hi boys and girls.  Dad you really shouldn’t be making jokes about eating them for lunch.

Roary:  I know but sometimes I like to joke.   But I need to talk to you about something that is not a joke.

Junior: What is that?

Roary:  Your mother told me that the safari ranger said that you were doing some dangerous things.

Junior: Like what?

Roary:  Well, he said that you were jumping out in front of the safari jeeps that were driving real fast.  And the drivers had to swerve to miss you.  Is that true?

Junior:  Well, I wish the ranger hadn’t told on me.  Yes, it’s true.  I was just having fun.

Roary:  Well, you know it would not be fun your mom and me if you got hurt real bad.  If you hit by a jeep that is going real fast, you are going to get hurt badly.

Junior:  But it’s fun to do.

Roary: It is not fun to be hurt so I want you stop doing it and I am not going to allow you to play close to the road anymore.

Junior:  Why not, that is a fun place to play.  I can watch all of the people who come on the safari near the road.

Roary:  I don’t want you to play there anymore.

Junior:  Don’t you like me anymore?  Do you like my sister better?

Roary:  Of course I still like you.  I love you and nothing you do can change my love.

Junior:  But my sister thinks you love her more because she does not get into the same kind of trouble that I do.

Roary:  That’s not true.  My love is the same for both of you.  In fact the way that I love you makes your sister jealous.  She thinks I love you more because I give you special attention.

Junior: I guess you have to give me special attention because I am always getting in more trouble than my sister.

Roary:  Jesus once told a story about a Father who had two sons.  One son wanted to leave home early and take all of the money that he would get from his Dad after his Dad died.  So his Dad gave him lots of money, but the son went away and spent all of his money quickly and soon he had no money and no food.  And he took a job taking care of pigs and he was so hungry that he wanted to eat the pig’s food.

Junior:  O, yuck.  What happened?

Roary:  Well, he thought, even if he could go home and live as his Dad’s farm worker, he would have more to eat than he did feeding the pigs.

Junior: What did he do?

Roary:  He went home.

Junior:  I bet his dad was angry and he grounded him for the rest of his life.

Roary: Nope, his dad was so happy to see him, he gave him a big party.

Junior: Why?

Roary: Because he thought that he had lost his son and would never see him again.  But the other brother was jealous.  He thought that his dad should punish his brother and not give him a party.

Junior:  Well, it doesn’t seem fair to give the bad boy a party and not the good boy.

Roary:  Jesus told the story to remind us about God’s love.  God loves us when we are good and when we are bad. 

Junior: So what are we supposed to do with God’s love.

Roary:  We are supposed to accept God’s love and not run away from it.  And we are always to remember God’s love and share it with others.

Junior:  I’m sorry that I jumped in front of the jeep.  I wont’ do it again.

Roary:  I know.  I love you and I just want to keep you safe.  And I want to remind these boys and girls that their parents love them and God loves them and they should never run away from the love of God.

Junior:  Bye, bye boys and girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayers for Easter, 2024

Friday in 4 Easter, April 26, 2024 Risen Christ, as the all and in all, you are connecting vine within all things; teach us to learn the bes...