Sunday, January 29, 2012

Gospel Puppet Show: Animal Conference


Puppet Show for January 29, 2012
4th Sunday after the Epiphany

Animal Puppets:
Too-key the toucan, Big Guy, the elephant, Rocky the Racoon, Octie, the Octopus and Harry the horse.

Too-key, the toucan:  Are you looking at me?   Why are you looking at me?  Are you laughing at my big nose?  Do you think that I’m funny?  Do you know who I am?  I am Too-key the toucan.  And I want to introduce to my friends.  First, Big Guy, the Elephant.

Big Guy: Hi, boys and and girls. Do you have some peanuts for me to eat?

Too-key: And next is Rocky the Racoon.

Rocky:  Hi boys and girls, can you show me where the garbage cans; I’m hungry.

Too-Key: And from the ocean we have Octie, the Octopus.

Octie: Hi, boys and girls.  You get to count to ten on your fingers and thumbs; I only get to count to eight.

Tou-key:  And now let us clap our hands for Harry the Horse.

Harry:  Hay, hay, hay, hay….I love to eat hay!

Too-key:  Boys and girls, you see that we are all different in how we look.  I have a big nose for eating fruit and lizards.

Big Guy:  I have a big hose trunk, so I can give myself a shower.

Rocky:  I have really good eyes so I can see at night.

Octie:  I have pads on all of my legs so I can stick to rocks in the ocean.
Harry:  I have strong legs so I can run fast in the meadow.

Too-key:  So all of are different, but we are also all the same.

Big Guy:  Tou-key, I don’t look at all like you.  How are we all the same?

Too-Key: We are all the same because God created us all.  God created us different because 
God wanted more beauty in the world.  If we were all the same then that would be like having to eat broccoli at every meal.  How many of you would only want to eat broccoli? 

Rocky: That would be boring and I like lots of food in the garbage cans.

Harry:  Hay, hay, hay, I like to eat hay, but I also like oats, apples and carrots.

Tou-key:  God made us all different and all of us have different problems.  Sometimes we are sad or sometimes we are sick.

Big Guy:  Catherine read a story today about a man who was really sad.  He was really sad and fearful.

Octie:  But this man found help from Jesus.  Jesus helped to make this sick man healthy and happy.

Harry:  When I am sad, my mom comes and rubs her nose on my nose.  And she whispers nice things in my ear and I feel better.

Rocky:  And even though we are all different, we can still help each other.

Tou-key:  Jesus taught us to be like doctors.  Because if we treat each other with kindness it will help us feel better.

Big Guy:  I am going ask my friends a question and I want them to raise their hands.  How many of you will be kind and help each other to feel really good?

Harry:  Is everyone raising their hands?

Tou-key:  Yes, they are and just like Jesus made a sick man feel better, we too can help each feel better with kindness.  Do you agree?    If you agree say, Amen!

Harry:  Hay, hay, hay, Father Phil can you get this show moving….why don’t you start the children’s creed.
Father Phil:  Okay, Harry, hold your horses……the Children’s Creed starts on page 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Befriending Neighbors

6 Easter B           May 5,2024 Acts   10:44-48      Ps. 33:1-8,18-22 1 John 4:7-21        John 15:9-17       Lectionary Link In the passing...