Monday, July 2, 2012

Philabuster preaching

How do I listen to or read Philabuster preaching?

First read the portions of Scripture listed at the beginning of each sermon.  You can click on the link and find them.

The sermons are written as a string of aphorisms (terse statements or units with my insights or reflections) upon what I take to be the themes of the appointed Scripture of the lectionary.  I do not speak or write from a place of any significant authority, I offer the sermon as a collection of aphorisms in hopes that as you read and listen, you may be able to have an insight evoked for you.  I do not control the meaning of what I write or preach; I believe that you are a writerly reader or listener.  You from your own experience with words write or hear the meanings for yourself.  I offer my aphorisms for the occasion of your writerly reading or listening.

For the notion of writerly reading, google Roland Barthes and "Writerly Reading."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Being Befriending Neighbors

6 Easter B           May 5,2024 Acts   10:44-48      Ps. 33:1-8,18-22 1 John 4:7-21        John 15:9-17       Lectionary Link In the passing...