Sunday, May 12, 2013

Puppet Show for Mothers Day


Gospel Puppet Show
May 12, 2013
7 Easter   Mothers Day

Characters:
Jane
Henry


Father Phil:  Boys and girls, Jane and Henry are with us.  Can you give them a welcome.

Jane:  Henry, did you know that I have the best mom in the world?

Henry:  Are you sure about that?  I think that I have the best mom in the world.

Jane:  But my mom is so great, she’s like Jesus.

Henry: Well, my mom is great too and she’s like Jesus too.  How is your mom like Jesus?

Jane: Well, she’s kind to me.

Henry: So’s mine; she makes me waffles in the morning.  And remember Jesus fixed a fish breakfast for his disciples.

Jane:  Okay, but my mom drives me everywhere.  To school, to ballet, to soccer, to my friends house, to the movies and to get ice cream.

Henry: My mom drives me everywhere too.  How would we do anything if mom didn’t drive us?

Jane:  And my mom always makes my birthday special.

Henry:  So does mine and she also makes Christmas and Thanksgiving special for me and our family.

Jane:  My mom goes shopping with me and she helps me to pick out pretty clothes.

Henry:  Well, my mom shops for my clothing and she doesn’t make me go with her.  I trust her good taste.  And don’t you notice how I am such a fine dresser?

Jane:  I guess if you like twenty shades of denim, you’re a good dresser.
My mom gets me accessories and shoes, Dorothy shoes.

Henry:  My mom reads to me at night before I go to bed.  And she makes the stories so interesting.

Jane:  Well, my mom tells me stories about when she was young.

Henry: Well, my mom taught me how to cook my own eggs.  I can do them  “over easy.”

Jane:  Well, my mom taught me to ride my bike without training wheels.

Henry:  Well, my mom sings to me at night before I go to bed.

Jane:  Well, my mom taught me how to read.

Henry:  My mom, taught me how to do my arithmetic.

Jane:  My mom taught me how to spell.

Henry:  My mom bought me a brand new bike.

Jane:  My mom bought me new leotards and tutus for dance.

Henry: Well, I admit my mom never did that for me.

Jane:  So see, my mom is better.

Henry: Well has your mom ever bought you a toy truck?

Jane:  Well, no, I don’t want a truck.

Henry:  Well, I don’t want a tutu or leotards, touchee.

Fr. Phil: Henry and Jane, can we agree that you both have great moms?


Henry:  Okay.

Jane: Okay

Fr. Phil:  I know something else about your moms.

Henry: What’s that?

Fr. Phil:  Your moms pray for you, just like Jesus prayed for his friends.  Your moms pray for you all of the time.  They think about you when they are not with you.  And they love you and care for you and they want the very best for you.

Jane:  I think it’s wonderful to have a mom?

Henry:  Mom’s are the perfect delivery system for bringing us into the world.

Fr. Phil:  And after delivery the lifetime work of motherhood begins.  When you are forty or sixty or more you’ll still want to come home for the favorite dish that your mom cooked.

Jane:  I have a prayer today?

Henry:  What is your prayer today, Jane?

Jane:  Thank you God for my mother and for all mothers!


Henry: A thousand Amens to that prayer.  Can all of the children say Amen?

Children:  Amen!

Jane: And can the children say, “Happy Mother’s Day?”

Everyone:  Happy Mother’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayers for Easter, 2024

Sunday, 5 Easter, April 28, 2024 Christ the Vine, through you flows the holy sap of our connectedness with God and all things because the ex...