Saturday, March 31, 2012

Passion Sunday: Even When God Is Silent


Text put to music in an anthem by Sumner Jenkins

Even When God Is Silent

I believe in the sun even when it is not shining.  I believe in love even when feeling it not. 
I believe in the sun even when it is not shining.  I believe in love even when feeling it not.
I believe in God even when God is silent.  I believe in the silence.

  This text in the anthem was found on a basement wall in Cologne, Germany.  It had been written by someone hiding from the Gestapo.
  The experience of God being perceived as silent occurs when we experience no apparent activity of God on our behalf to save us from events that stretch from being merely inconvenient to unpleasant to downright horrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aphorism of the Day, May 2024

Aphorism of the Day, May 4, 2024 Today we re-contextualize every memorial traces that lingers from yesterday and depending upon the goals wh...