Sunday, January 27, 2013

Gospel Puppet Show on the Meaning of Good News


Gospel Puppet Show
January 27, 2013
3 Epiphany 


Puppet Character: Jesus of Nazareth


Fr. Phil: I want to introduce to you today, Jesus of Nazareth.  Let’s give a big hand to Jesus of Nazareth.  Welcome Jesus.

Jesus:  Welcome to you and to all of these children.

Fr. Phil: Why did you welcome us, Jesus?

Jesus: Well, this is a church and so it is my house, is it not?  So can’t I welcome you to my house?

Fr. Phil:  You sure can Jesus, I’m sorry sometimes I forget.  Yes, this is your house and you do make us feel very welcome.  Thank you.  Jesus, if I were to ask you what you preached about what would you say?

Jesus:  I would say that I told people the Gospel.

Fr. Phil: I know that the Gospels are books in the Bible, but what is the Gospel?

Jesus:  Gospel means “good news.”  And I came to tell people the good news.  Do you know what good news is?

Fr. Phil: I think so.

Jesus: Do you think these children know what good news is?

Fr. Phil:  I think so.

Jesus:  Well, I am going to find out.

Fr. Phil:  How are you going to do that?

Jesus: Well, I’m going to give them a quiz to see if they know what good news is?

Fr. Phil:  Oh, oh…I hope you don’t ask hard questions.  How are you going to test us?

Jesus:  I am going to tell you about something and I want you to say good news or bad news.  That should be easy enough.

Fr. Phil:  Okay, are you ready children?

Jesus:  Okay, you get sick and don’t feel well.  Good news or bad news?

Children:  Bad news.

Jesus: That is correct.  After you are sick, you get better.  Good news or bad news?

Children:  Good news.

Jesus:  Correct.  It rains and the water helps the plants grow.  Good news or bad news?

Children:  Good news.

Jesus:  You get angry at your friend and push him.  Good news or bad news?

Children:  Bad news.

Jesus:  Correct. You tell your friend that you are sorry and he forgives you.  Good news or bad news?

Children:  Good news.

Jesus:  Some people have plenty of good food.  Good news or bad news?

Children:  Good news.

Jesus: Correct again.  Some people do not have enough to eat.  Good news or bad news?

Children:  Bad news.

Jesus: Correct.  God loves you very much and so do your parents.  Good news or bad news?

Children:  Good news.

Jesus: Correct.  And now I’m going to give you a very difficult problem.  The 49ers win the Super Bowl.  Good news or bad news.

Children:  Good News.

Jesus:  Wrong.  This is both good news and bad news.  It is good news for the people who like the 49ers; but it is bad news for the people who like the Baltimore Ravens.  So some things can be good for one person and sad for another person.  But you children are very smart and you have past my test.

Fr. Phil:  So what do we do now that we passed the test?

Jesus:  I want you to be teachers now in my Gospel school.  I want you to be teachers in my “Good News School.”  Can you go and tell everybody the Good news about God’s love?  You passed my test and so I want you to be good news boys and girls.  Can you do that?  Can you say, “Yes, we can?”

Children:  Yes, we can?

Fr. Phil:  Thank you Jesus.  We want to be good news people.  Bye, Bye, we hope to see you again.  Children, can we be good news people?  Yes we can.

Children: Yes we can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday School, May 5, 2024 6 Easter B

   Sunday School, May 5, 2024        6 Easter B Theme: Jesus came to start a friendship organization. Jesus called his disciple friends. His...