Sunday, March 31, 2013

Delivering Alleluia Back in Time for Easter


Gospel Puppet Show
March 31, 2013
Easter Sunday

Characters:
Hairy the Profit
Fr. Phil


Father Phil:  Boys and girls, I received a phone call from Hairy the Profit and he was very worried and anxious.  He said that he wanted to see me right away.  He said it was important.  Hairy are you around?  Where are you?

Hairy: Hello boys and girl.  Have you seen the Padre?  Is he sleeping again?  Where is the Padre?

Father Phil:  Hairy, I’m right here.  And of course, I’m not sleeping; it’s Easter Sunday.  Though I will be preaching later and that might help some get some sleep.  You look terrible Hairy, what’s wrong?  And by the way is your name Harry, short for Harold?

Hairy:  No, my name is Hairy, H-A-I-R-Y.

Father Phil: Could of guessed that from the amount of hair on your body.  But what’s the matter why are you worried?

Hairy:  I have special delivery that needs to arrive for Easter Day and if it doesn’t come, we won’t be able to start Easter.

Fr. Phil:  That’s terrible; what is so important that would delay Easter.

Hairy: You will soon know; but if it doesn’t show up.  I’ll be leaving town in embarrassment.

Fr. Phil:  Well, Hairy, it must be very serious.

Hairy: It is and I do not want to delay Easter.

Delivery Person:  Excuse me, is there a Hairy Profit here?  I have a package for him from the Postal Service.

Hairy:  I’m Hairy Profit.  Whew! You saved the day.  Please give the package to Father Phil.

Delivery Person:  Let me verify your identity, Do you really spell your name, H-A-I-R-Y  P-R-O-F-I-T?

Hairy: Yes, do you have a problem with that?

Delivery Person:  No, your mom and dad sure got the name right.

Hairy: Father Phil, hurry and open the Package.  What’s in there?

Father Phil: Okay, there is a letter in here and the letter says, “Dear Hairy, please get a haircut.  Love, Mom.  Is that what you were expecting?  How was that letter holding up Easter?  If you get a haircut can we start Easter?

Hairy: No that was not what I was expecting.  I am so disappointed.  That was not what I needed to start Easter.  I am so embarrassed.

Delivery Person:  Hello, there is a special delivery for Hairy Profit from UPS.  Is there a Hairy Profit here.

Hairy:  I’m here.  Hurry up.  Maybe this is what I was expecting.  Please come and give that package to Father Phil.  Father Phil open it up and tell me what it is.

Fr. Phil:  Okay be patient.  And here it is.  It is a special delivery from before the season of Lent.  Do you know what it is?  It is the Word Alleluia.  And it has arrived just in time for the Easter.

Hairy:  Yes, now we can begin Easter because Alleluia has returned just in time for Easter.  Alleluia.  Alleluia.  Alleluia.  Aren’t you happy that we can say Alleluia again?

Fr. Phil:  Yes, we are and thank you Hairy for getting Alleluia to us on time, and as a friend could I say something to you?

Hairy:  I guess so.

Fr. Phil:  Get a haircut.  And Good bye

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Truest Cliche

5 Easter       B    April 28, 2024 Acts 8:26-40 Psalm 22:24-30 1 John 4:7-21    John 15:1-8 Lectionary Link Including the word beloved which...